Are you currently offering or interested in providing ESOL Skills for Life qualifications to your students?
ESB is an Awarding Organisation specialising in two areas only, English language and Oracy. Its externally assessed ESOL Skills for Life qualifications from Entry 1 to Level 2 are delivered in a wide range of educational centres, enabling ESOL learners to achieve their language goals and reach their full potential.
Why choose ESB?
One of the key benefits of working with ESB International is its external assessment model.
- ESB understands that your time is valuable, so it provides a team of rigorously trained, annually standardised and moderated assessors to handle assessments at a venue of your choice.
- This means you can focus on helping your students succeed without worrying about organising external quality assurance visits or paying additional fees for external verifiers.
- ESB’s approach also eliminates the need for internal quality assurance, freeing up even more time for you to focus on teaching and preparing your learners for success.
- High standards and reliable judgements are maintained in externally assessed qualifications using ESB assessors and markers who are unfamiliar to learners.
“I love ESB! The communication is always there and the process is easy. Everything is done externally so the pressure is off teachers, and we can just prepare learners for their assessments, so it is great. We have been with ESB for about 8 years now and it has always been consistent and of high quality!”Teaching and Learning and ESOL Curriculum Manager at Stanmore College, Mafa Ardestani
Value for money
Our assessment fee covers a wide range of services to ensure you get the most out of your assessment experience. From initial registration to certification, ESB’s Head Office provides unsurpassed support every step of the way.
- Results in 5 days – 99% of the time.
- Certificates sent out within 10 days – 99% of the time.
- Feedback on unsuccessful reading and writing criteria for the cohort. and for future individual learners.
- Personalised speaking and listening reports for all learners.
Quality assurance and high standards of centre support
ESB International provides you with the quality assurance and flexibility to book assessments at a time and date that suits you.
- Training of assessors and markers to ensure they are marking to the required standard.
- Moderation of all borderline and unsuccessful reading and writing papers.
- Centre contact returned within 24 hours and exceptional levels of support from all head office teams.
Enjoyable experience for centres and learners
All ESB qualifications are built with the learners’ interests at heart. Assessments are carried out in pairs, so your learners will feel comfortable and well-supported. ESB assessors create a memorable and enjoyable experience that encourages learners to demonstrate their speaking and listening skills and bring out the best in every learner.
“A smooth process from start to finish. A supportive Exam Board with examiners who are highly professional and provide constructive reports which help all students to improve. I can’t recommend them enough.”
Essential Skills Curriculum Manager, Kirsty Barlow at Blackfriars Settlement, London