Apprenticeship inquiry heads to Northampton
The inquiry into apprenticeships by the Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) Select Committee will head to Northampton next week.
An itinerary for the visit, which takes place on Tuesday, March 13, has been released today.
During the visit, members of the cross-party committee will undertake visits to Cosworth Ltd, GE Precision Engineering Ltd and Church & Co (Footwear) Ltd.
The committee will also be holding a formal evidence session in the afternoon at The Guildhall, Northampton.
The schedule of witnesses for the formal evidence session is as follows:
- Professor Nick Petford, Vice Chancellor of Northampton University
- Len Closs, Principal of Northampton College of Further Education
- Mike Griffith, Head Teacher of Northampton School for Boys
- Councillor David Mackintosh, Leader of Northampton Borough Council
- Councillor Jim Harker, Leader of Northampton County Council
- Dr Ann Limb OBE DL, Chair of the South East Midlands Local Enterprise Partnership
- Peter Mawson, Chief Executive of West Northamptonshire Development Corporation
- Mike Conway, Head of Employee Relations, Barclaycard
- Milan Shah, Chair of the Governing Council for the University of Northampton and Board member of the Northamptonshire Enterprise Partnership